Mel Mallinson is a thoughtful digital strategist, data + marketing coach on a mission to help organisations ‘be more human.’
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites store on visitors’ browsers when they visit the website. Websites use them for multiple purposes like storing login statuses, identifying whether a user is a new visitor or returning user, or analysing user behaviour on the website, etc. You can find out more about cookies at About Cookies.
- Make our site work as you’d expect it to
- Help to keep your connection to our website secure
- Remember if you’ve accepted our cookies notice
- Track how you move around the site so we can improve the way our website works in the future.
Cookies we use
- This cookie is set by our CDN provider Cloudflare.
- It helps Cloudflare detect malicious visitors to our website and minimises blocking legitimate users.
- It is necessary for supporting Cloufdlare’s security features.
- It is a session cookie that lasts for a maximum of 30 days.
- This is our CRM provider’s main cookie for tracking visitors.
- It contains your domain, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session.
- It expires in 13 months.
- Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if you have restarted your browser.
- It expires at the end of the session.
- This Hubspot cookie keeps track of sessions.
- It determines if HubSport should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie
- It contains the domain, viewcount (increments of each page view in a session) and session start timestamp.
- It expires in 30 minutes.